Corporate Social Responsibility
Hejje Foundation is an independent organisation engaged in conducting CSR programmes for Indium Group. The objective of such programmes is to further the cause of an equitable environment—one in which disparity is minimised and opportunities are available to people irrespective of their social standing, economic position and physical/mental well-being.
Towards this end, the Hejje Foundation would like to:
- Become involved in areas of economic, social, formal and non-formal education, and family life, so that people are enabled to recognise their own needs and promote solutions that lead to a sustainable community life.
- Bring together like-minded individuals, who will work with people/institutions to identify and understand existing social needs and create opportunities that fulfil these needs and enhance quality of life.
- To work initially in a few selected villages, and then replicate our efforts in a phased manner.
- To work with rural populations, with a view to:
- Raising awareness of their rights and responsibilities.
- Creating self-reliance and enabling people to become social leaders in their own right.
- Promoting self-sufficiency through training in skills that are economically beneficial.
- Anganwadis function effectively and infants receive excellent care.
- Primary health care is available to all.
- Residents understand and practice hygiene, to minimise ill health and prevent disease.
- Good health practices are followed, especially in the case of expectant mothers and infants.
- Teaching them skills that promote economic independence.
- Educating them on the value and methods of saving.
- To enhance the quality of education in schools, so that students gain the maximum possible benefit.